Thursday, September 24, 2026

News Round-Up (09/24/2026)

 And that's the way it is.......

Bo French is a horrible candidate, he should lose. But if you think that changing the name of the Texas Railroad Commission to the "Texas Oil and Gas Commission" is the MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE in this race? You might be an idiot as well. Clearly the author is.

Horrible people doing horrible things. This Carrot Top situation is weird. The problem is I think there are no good actors on either side.

A quick note to the marijuana legalization folks: Legalization does not eliminate the black market. If anything it can strengthen it. As illegal bookies and offshore books what the elimination of PAPSA did for them. Hint: It did not hurt them. That's not to say there's not some benefits to going down this path, but poking the cartels in the eyes is not it.

Democrat Socialists avert your eyes. The best say to get things done is sometimes by utilizing the resources of the private sector who have skin in the game. I suspect that might be the case with the Colorado River watershed.

Just another reminder that The WNBA is NOT a sports league. It's a grievance machine for certain groups. Nothing more.

My feeling is that Deion is done. Yes, Colorado will let him craft the circumstances of his exit, but I'd be very surprised if he was the coach of the Buffalos next year.

Big Plans for Greenspoint. Of course, you'll have to root out the gangs who have set up shop in the former Macy's location first.

This is a good read on ESPN College GameDay and how it's contributing to the fall of College Football. They've changed their mission from highlighting the glory of the sport, to becoming a marketing arm for ESPN/SEC.  That's bad for everyone. (Same with FOX and Big Noon Saturday)

This season of America's Got Talent taught us that NO, it really doesn't. 8 of the top 10 finalists were not American, and the winner was Thai. Don't get me wrong, this is not a nativist rant, just an observation.

Once you get your claws into Houston area government, there's always a place to continue your grift off of the taxpayers. Mary Benton understands that, how to play the local game an endear herself to Houston's ruling class.

This is possibly the most racist article you'll read today. From the idea that Hispanics cannot compete, that all White's are exploitive to providing a sounding board to a fringe Democrat Socialist activist who wants to dismantle Capitalism. It's bad. I'm not sure why it's just a given that the local Hispanic population lacks the intellectual chops to thrive in this boom?

The thing about running a con is this, You have to possess at least a modicum of intelligence. It's becoming increasingly clear that Dr. Malcom Tanner does not. Popcorn time.

FIFA DOES have the intelligence to run a con. And, judging by the tax bills that American's are going to have to foot for their quad-annual Futbol extravaganza, they've perfected the art.


And finally,

This is from a couple of weeks back but I thought it worth mentioning: Las Vegas Tourists are Richer, middle-aged and gambling less.

Based on my last trip to Las Vegas (August 2026) this checks out. I saw fewer younger folks and more people my age (mid-50's, so middle-aged). And while there was foot traffic the casino floors were not near as full as usual. I know that I cut my gambling budget in half, and found myself having much, much more fun as a result.

When I want to gamble I go to Tulsa, or Coushatta (not Lake Charles, LA anymore, a subject for a future post) or Florida. I still like going to Las Vegas, but not primarily to gamble. I would even say it's 4th on my list of things to do there. Just incidental to other activities.

Las Vegas biggest problem is that it is no longer "The Gambling Capitol of the World". Hell, it's probably not even in the top 5 these days. In terms of sports betting Nevada is fringe top 10. Think about that.

What this means is that Las Vegas is going to become way, way more recession sensitive, and many of the things they took for granted won't be able to be taken for granted any longer.



No comments:

Sports Section