Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Groove. Or, getting back into it.

Football season is coming and that means a whole new chance to make bad football picks for the coming year.  To try, hopelessly, to break the magical 53% barrier that is necessary to book a profit against the vigorish of the sports books.

I've already started looking at schedules and games for the 2016/2017 season and even taking a peek at the early lines.

One change from last year, I'm swearing off fantasy football (and daily fantasy) to focus on old-school sports betting this year.  As a reminder, I don't always make the bets that I post, they're for tracking and entertainment purposes only. (In my day job it would not be wise for me to risk gaming in a manner that's anything but 100% legal.)

That said, I will be making some trips to Vegas this year so many of the bets that I talk about I WILL be actually making.  So that's one change.

As an aside, if you haven't read this article about Pregame.com and RJ Bell's pick-selling operation you should. As always, my mission is that you don't need to buy picks, you can do just as poorly on your own.

The good news is that we're getting closer and closer to legalizing online gaming across the country so pretty soon lurking about the shadows (or posting picks for entertainment) will be a thing of the past.

I cannot wait for that day.

Until then, I will keep working on my week 1 "Five" and try to avoid my early season slump this year.

Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Sports Section