With the football season rapidly approaching it's time to dust this old jalopy off and start inundating you with bad sports takes again. With that in mind here's a quick primer for what to expect in the coming months, starting with a pre-season preview that's guaranteed to be totally incorrect and a return of the FIVE again this year, hopefully with some winning results. (Last season was an unmitigated disaster)
So, here's my plan:
1. Fun Belt - Expected posting Date: 08/01/2017
2. Mountain West - Expected posting date: 08/02/2017
3. MAC - Expected posting date: 08/03/2017
4. C-USA - Expected posting date: 08/04/2017
5. American - Expected posting date: 08/05/2017
6. Independents - Expected posting date: 08/06/2017
7. SEC - Expected posting date: 08/07/2017
8. ACC - Expected posting date: 08/08/2017
9. PAC-12 - Expected posting date: 08/09/2017
10. Big XII -Expected posting date: 08/10/2017
11. B1G - Expected posting date: 08/11/2017
12. CFP - Expected posting date: 08/12/2017
13. First FIVE: Expected posting date: 08/30/2017
I've not the time to handle a full-on "Bowl Preview" nor do I find much use for them pre-season. But I do think it's a useful exercise to call one's shot on the eventual National Champion. But, honestly, who makes it to the Las Vegas Bowl (while something I care about) is not a call I'm ready to make at this point.
As always, a couple of pre-season disclaimers:
First, I am NOT an "expert". I do not pass myself off as one. What you are going to read in the coming days is the opinion of an oil and gas accounting manager from Houston. Take all of that with a grain of salt.
Second: Any game picks are for entertainment purposes ONLY. If you take gambling advice from a pudgy, middle-aged man from Houston get help.
Third: I'm a Michigan fan. I try to keep that out of my analysis but I am a fan.
Fourth: Sports should be fun. Don't ever forget that.