Monday, August 30, 2021

Well, we survived Las Vegas

 Anniversary trip.....done.


And a profitable trip as well, thanks largely to a $1 progressive Royal at 4Queens. Always nice to hit those.

The rest of the trip was good, we had good fun downtown, good fun at Green Valley Ranch, and just a general good time all around.  As you saw in my prior post you can follow my antics in Las Vegas on my Twitter account. @CoryWCrow If you're reading this blog and enjoying it a follow would be much appreciated.

Twitter is where you will find most of my activity now. But, you're gong to be seeing something different because, after the last Las Vegas trip, I've decided to drastically curtail the amount of alcohol that I consume.

I'm not giving up alcohol totally, I'll still have the occasional beer whilst grilling and some wine with dinner, but I'm 100% giving up hard liquor, and generally giving up drinking and gambling as well. I'm doing this more for health reasons than because I'm an alcoholic or anything like that. To be perfectly honest, I've just gotten tired of hangovers as I get older.

I also did a count of the calories I've been drinking and no wonder I'm not losing any weight.  So whiskey is out, and vodka, and gin.  Even beer and wine is going to be less rather than more.

In short, I'm not getting any younger, and I cannot rebound from a hard night of Las Vegas drinking like I used to. In fact, my plan is to make my birthday trip in October a totally sober one. Sober gambling, hmmmm.....


On other notes, College football is kicking into high gear. Saturday was my typical week zero result (0-2) but they were min bets so I'm not too worried about it. Might need to adjust some numbers though, especially on Nebraska, UCLA and Hawai'i.


Outside of that, prayers to Louisiana, I'm about done with the Paul brothers and everyone rest up, because the weekends are about to get REALLY busy.


Buckle up as this blog is about to get sports betting heavy.

No comments:

Sports Section