Wednesday, January 27, 2010

iThud?

After all of the hoopla and hubub surrounding the GRAND BIG ANNOUNCEMENT of the (get this) iPad *snicker* I was ready for emergence of a Tech messiah to lead us to the promised land of true, mobile computing bliss.

Uh...no.

What we ended up with was a super-sized version of the iPod Touch with some limited connectivity options on the high-end. Call it an iTouch on steroids (sans camera) or a big-assed iPhone with no calling plan or whatever you want. What we're looking at here is iFlop....or iThud....or *shudder* Newton.

Despite being generally panned, I'm thinking the HP Slate running Windows 7 @ a rumored price point of under $400 peaks my interest more than this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one underwhelmed. Maybe someone will come up with a killer app that changes my mind but, like you said, thud. No multi-tasking is incredible for a machine like this.

Sports Section