Wednesday, January 27, 2010

iThud?

After all of the hoopla and hubub surrounding the GRAND BIG ANNOUNCEMENT of the (get this) iPad *snicker* I was ready for emergence of a Tech messiah to lead us to the promised land of true, mobile computing bliss.

Uh...no.

What we ended up with was a super-sized version of the iPod Touch with some limited connectivity options on the high-end. Call it an iTouch on steroids (sans camera) or a big-assed iPhone with no calling plan or whatever you want. What we're looking at here is iFlop....or iThud....or *shudder* Newton.

Despite being generally panned, I'm thinking the HP Slate running Windows 7 @ a rumored price point of under $400 peaks my interest more than this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that I'm not the only one underwhelmed. Maybe someone will come up with a killer app that changes my mind but, like you said, thud. No multi-tasking is incredible for a machine like this.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Policy:Any comment containing profanity or presonal attacks will be disallowed. Repeated violations will get you marked as SPAM. Real name is preferred, fake names will be carefully considered before being allowed. If your on-line moniker is so widely known as to be a clear identifier, that's OK too. If your comment doesn't appear, give it some time. I do have a day job.

Sports Section