Monday, February 15, 2010

Updated Bleg

Reminder: The deadline for donations is February 19th, or...the date of the bowling "match".


Because the way the Country is going kids today are going to need it later.

That's right, it's charity time.


If you're not familiar with Junior Achievement then click on the link and read up. Go ahead, I'll wait.....


Got it? Good.


Given the economic mess that we're going to bequeath to the next generation of young, hungry worker bees the least we can do is equip them with the tools they need to make a go of it in the rough n' tumble world of business. That being said charity doesn't mean that you can't have a good time....

I'm asking you to help me support Junior Achievement.

If that link doesn't work then here's a direct link to my Donation Page. I'm also going to be placing this in the sidebar to make it easy.


I've got a big, big goal for this charity, but the potential pay-off is worth it:

Any participant raising $5000 gets 2 Continental Airlines Business First Class Round-trip tickets anywhere within the lower 48. For those of you that don't know, my wife was laid-off back in March. So yes, I'm not too proud to admit it, this is partially driven by our desire to take an anniversary trip later in the year. Believe me, I'm not doing it because I'm a great bowler.

Granted, since it's two tickets I can't offer a ticket up to a big donor (It's me and the wife, you understand) but I can guarantee that I'll take pictures and video which I'll share on my Flickr page, on my food blog, and on here. Hey, it's sorta like being there right?

More importantly, you can walk away with the knowledge that you've helped properly train the next generation to make good business decisions. If you don't think that's important remember this: Their salaries are going to be paying for your retirement, medicare etc.


ALSO: This is a tax deductible donation under the current rules. Junior Achievement will send you a receipt for tax purposes via e-mail.


UPDATE: Thank you to everyone who has donated. We've had a strong start and need to finish up even stronger!

No comments:

Sports Section