Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Yellow! Spring. Glad you could make it.

Today was the first day I noticed that my formerly red car was now covered in a powdery yellow sheen.  It also means that folks with hay fever are missing work at increasing rates and Houston is in for a slight drop in productivity at the workplace. To my surprise, there are some that sell this pollen for food.

The good news is the weather is beautiful (despite wanna-be weatherman Eric Berger telling us that we're just one stop away from a stay in Climate Changes EZ-bake) although a little dry so some rain would be welcome.  But given the proclivity of Houston drivers to go into panic-mode at the slightest sign of moisture I'm hoping the rain comes overnight, or on a day when most don't have to drive into work.

With all that said It's sure to be a beautiful week (and possibly week-end) in Houston so the blog is going to go on a little hiatus while I spend most of my free time outside doing yard work and grilling various pieces of animal for dinner.

Not a long break mind you, just enough to let me figure out my Houston Political Dictionary entries for E, F,G & H.

Oh, and to drink the Mourvedre Rose that just arrived from the fine folks at William Chris Vineyards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Policy:Any comment containing profanity or presonal attacks will be disallowed. Repeated violations will get you marked as SPAM. Real name is preferred, fake names will be carefully considered before being allowed. If your on-line moniker is so widely known as to be a clear identifier, that's OK too. If your comment doesn't appear, give it some time. I do have a day job.

Sports Section