Saturday, July 25, 2015

2015 NFL Preview: The Playoffs and closing thoughts.

As I noted previously, we're getting close to the time when actual, meaningful football gets played in the Fall.  Because of this I've spent some time analyzing all the teams in 2015 for both the NFL and College Football.

Introduction

AFC East

AFC North

AFC South

AFC West

NFC East

NFC North

NFC South

NFC West

Next: Playoffs, SuperBowl and the usual disclaimers.

For the last week or so I've been giving you my opinion regarding how the next NFL season will play out.  What is this worth?  Exactly what you paid for it.  For kicks though, and because predictions are the playground of fools, here are my way-too-early predictions for the playoffs.

NFC Playoff teams and seeds:

1. Green Bay
2. Seattle
3. Carolina
4. Philadelphia
5. Detroit
6. St. Louis

Wild Card Match-ups:

Detroit @ Philadelphia
Winner: Detroit

Put simply, I'm not sure Kelly's teams are properly built for the tournament.

St. Louis @ Carolina
Winner: Carolina

I've got a lot of belief in the Panthers this year, not much further than this but I think they win here.

Division week Match-ups

Carolina @ Seattle
Winner: Seattle

Home field is too much for the Panthers to overcome

Detroit @ Green Bay
Winner: Green Bay

I think Green Bay is just too good on both sides of the ball to lose here.

NFC Championship game

Seattle @ Green Bay
Winner: Green Bay

The Week 3 match-up between these two teams is pivotal. I have Green Bay winning there (at home) and winning here again (at home).  Were this game in Seattle I might have it differently


AFC playoff teams and seeds:

1. Indianapolis
2. New England
3. Baltimore
4. Denver
5. Cincinnati
6. Kansas City

Wild Card Week Matchups

Cincinnati @ Denver
Winner: Denver

Two things working against the Bengals here: 1. Mile High is a great home field advantage. 2. Cincy can't seem to win a playoff game.

Kansas City @ Baltimore
Winner: Kansas City

This is my pick for the one upset that always seems to happen. Baltimore can be great, or they can suck. I'm betting the latter.

Division Week Matchups

Kansas City @ Indianapolis
Winner: Indianapolis

Home field and a talent advantage ends the Chiefs season.

Denver @ New England
Winner: New England

In the ongoing battle between Manning and Brady, Brady has the clear advantage.

AFC Championship Game

New England @ Indianapolis
Winner: Indianapolis

Why? Because Andrew Luck gets Brady at home and I just think Indy is just that much better.



Finally......

Super Bowl 50:

Green Bay vs. Indianapolis

Winner and Champion: Green Bay

I think the Colts just aren't ready yet, and this will be Green Bay's year after the disappointment of last year.

Whatever happens, whether I'm right or wrong (most likely the latter) just remember to study your lines and enjoy the season.

All picks are for entertainment purposes only. No offer is being made or accepted from or by the blogger.  (in other words, make your own dang picks)

Last disclaimer: Of course injuries will make all of this preseason work worthless so I'm planning on evaluating again at mid-season.

No comments:

Sports Section