Wednesday, October 14, 2015

College Football: The Week 7 Five

Real life is intruding this week so just a quick recap of the season's progress and the picks.

ATS:  Last Week: 3-2   Season: 13-17 (43.3334%)
SU:     Last Week: 3-2   Season: 21-7 (70%)


This week's Five:

1. Oregon @ Washington (-2.5) - I get the love for Washington, and the dislike for Oregon but I think the Ducks still have a talent edge.  Oregon to win on the ML.

2. Notre Dame (-7) @ USC - Normally I would not feel comfortable laying against a TD.  With the Sark implosion though I do. The Trojans are team turmoil right now. Notre Dame to cover.

3. Nebraska @ Minnesota (-2.5) - The Golden Gophers only two losses are to a good Northwestern team and very good TCU team.  Nebraska continues to find new and creative ways to shoot itself in the foot.  Minnesota to cover.

4. Alabama (-4) @ Texas aTm - I like the Aggies at home this year and I think they keep it close. Texas aTm to cover. (If you're brave, play the moneyline.)

5. Iowa(-2) @ Northwestern - Iowa has lived a charmed life so far this year. I think it comes against the Wildcats.  Northwestern on the money line.

A few other games.....

Oklahoma (-4.5) @ K-State - I almost put this one in my Five but, I'm struggling trying to figure out just how angry the teams are going to be.  I want to say K-State to cover however.

Vanderbilt @ South Carolina (-2.5) - With all the mess surrounding the GameCocks this week I wouldn't be surprised to see Vandy pull the ML upset in this game.

And finally.....


Michigan State @ Michigan (-8.5) - Another line that scares the heck out of me.  That said, I think Michigan is the better team.  I just don't think they're over a Touchdown better.  I'm going to say State to cover, but Michigan to win. (finally over Sparty.)


Good luck this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Policy:Any comment containing profanity or presonal attacks will be disallowed. Repeated violations will get you marked as SPAM. Real name is preferred, fake names will be carefully considered before being allowed. If your on-line moniker is so widely known as to be a clear identifier, that's OK too. If your comment doesn't appear, give it some time. I do have a day job.

Sports Section