Monday, September 19, 2016

College Football (Week 3). Recapping an awful, horrible, very bad, no good FIVE

Last week's FIVE  was awful.  We will just admit that the 'road dog' method of including games was wrong and never speak of it again.  I am now officially mired in my worst start to a FIVE season EVER.

The brutal numbers:  0-5 (now 3-12 overall)

Two of the FIVE were missed by a single point, 4 of the 5 were on the correct side of the ledger heading into the 4th QTR, and all of the FIVE were correct at halftime. It was that kind of Saturday.

Once again however I did an OK job picking ALL the games, but the games I selected for my FIVE were a gigantic dumpster fire.

If you're fading these picks (and you probably should be right now) you're killing it.

I however fully plan on turning this mess around.

Here are some games that I'm eyeing for next week:

Nevada @ Purdue (-3) Purdon't is pretty awful, as it's pretty clear that their HC is nearing the end of his tenure after what will be four seasons where they've gotten progressively worse. Nevada isn't what they were a few years ago, but they still have some talent. Not sure I'm keen on ANOTHER road dog though after the mauling I took last week.

Florida State (-6) @ South Florida. The Bulls have a good team, and I expect them to be UH's opponent in the AAC championship game.  Florida State is smarting from the 63-21 shellacking laid on them by Louisville.  Plus, the 'Nole's are banged up. I doubt this one makes the cut but it's a very interesting game.

Central Michigan (-4) @ Virginia. I keep thinking Cavalier's head coach Bronco Mendenhall is going to turn it around. Then I take a look at Virginia's roster and I can't help but think it's going to be a long, long year for the Cavs.

Clemson (-10) @ Georgia Tech. I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with Clemson's offense, but I've a suspicion it's got something to do with bad offensive line play. IF head cheerleader Swinney can fix that....look out.

Florida @ Tennessee (-7.5). With Del Rio potentially out this could be the offensive offense game of the week.

LSU (-3.5) @ Auburn. Auburn at home is not a good thing. Not a good thing at all.

Army(-14.5) @ Buffalo. This is not your father's Army team. They're 3-0 and beating the crap out of teams they used to lose to.

Penn State @ Michigan (-18) There's a lot in this game, none of which I think is all that good for Penn State. Michigan got a wake-up call last week against Colorado. Be interesting to see if it sticks.


Eliminated from Playoff contention:

1. Florida State.
2. Notre Dame
3. The Entire Big XII conference.
4. University of Houston.
5. OU

Things couldn't have gone worse for UofH as they struggled against Cincy, and then their best win finished the evening by looking a whole lot less impressive. Plus, Louisville looks as if it's going to be a tough, tough game. Herman won't have months to prepare for this one.

No comments:

Sports Section