Wednesday, December 27, 2017

College Football: It's Bowl Season!!!! (Update)

After 18 games my record stands at a fairly respectable 21-13. That's around a 62% winning percentage. (I did not have an opinion on the Celebration Bowl, although I did watch it)

What we've seen, so far, is that it's very difficult to figure out which teams are going to come to play, and which teams are just going to lay an egg. (Hi, Toledo!)  Overall the first 17 bowl games have been disappointing, given how enticing many of the match-ups looked on paper. Again, motivation among 17-22 year old men is often a difficult thing to grasp.

Now: A word about the lines.

MOST of these posts I wrote during the evening well before the games were played. The lines were accurate at the time that I wrote them to the best information that I could find.  I used The odds available on ESPN and, if unavailable there I used the consensus odds found on Odds Shark.

For the upcoming games, I updated these odds at 10:00 PM, December 26th. (Which is the time that I authored this post, to run in the morning)  I will try to update the odds on the playoff games prior to them kicking off but I cannot guarantee that I'll update them all before then.

IF I made bets on the games, and I'm not playing all of these, then the odds posted are what I took. Your mileage may vary.  Since I'm not selling these picks I feel no special obligation to keep the odds updated. In other words, if you can't find them when they publish they're probably stale.

Amazingly, there are still 22 games left to play and we're only 5 days away from the New Year which means that there are a ton of bowls being played over the next few days. (An average of 4 per day).

Good luck to you and enjoy the games, especially if you're off work. (Sadly, I work the rest of this week)

No comments:

Sports Section