Thursday, December 28, 2017

College Football: It's Bowl Season!!!!! (An update on a no good, awful, very bad day.)

Into every life a little rain must fall.  Yesterday felt like a deluge.

Prior to yesterday I was feeling pretty good about my abilities as a prognosticator, going 21-13 over the first 17 bowls I had high hopes leading into Wednesday.

It was not to be.

2-6.

One lousy over and a Purdue team that barely covered the -2.5 line that I had them at. (note: good lines are good lines).  Everything else was a tire fire.

So now I sit at 23-19 and just over 50% (54.76%) with no margin for error in terms of overall profitability.

I need a good day, and a strong finish to salvage what has been an awful year.

Head up though, because these things happen.  Sports betting is not, as some puff-piece, over-hyped, pieces of questionable journalistic integrity will tell you, a "sure thing". In fact, MOST people lose, and lose badly at it.  If you don't think that the odds always favor the house then you have not been paying attention.

Touts, and trust-fund babies like Rob Gorodetsky, give you the washed and sanitized version of things, posting old lines (and then charging you for them despite the fact that you cannot find them anywhere), selectively choosing to update their record. ("an 8-0 run!!) ignoring losses etc. and, my favorite, playing fast and loose with "units" to make it seem like small hits are bigger than they really are.

Yes, I sometimes will post a stale line on this blog, because when I do my analysis that's the line that I'm writing about. I often make posts days in advance.

And I warn you of that.  I'm also not charging you for anything you read on here. Nor will I ever.

Because I don't WANT you to follow my advice. I don't WANT you to bet my plays. In fact, if I do bet them, the bet is already long made before you read it on here.  What I'm doing, and what the best do, is providing what I hope is entertainment.  Touts and people like Rob Gorodetsky don't want to entertain, they want to enrich themselves on your losing back.

Now, the sports betting world is a harsh one. Don't mistake that. The so-called "sharps" can be some of the most disagreeable people you've ever met. They're arrogant, angry to a fault, and too quick to demean people who don't see things their way.  Their numbers are their Bible and going against their play is akin to personally insulting their betting baby Jesus. They don't take it well.

Earlier this morning It's Bowl Season!!!!! (Part V) ran and it included picks for five games, all of which will be played today.  If you're betting them I wish you luck.  I only hope that I get a little of it on the back end because I need it after yesterday's blood-bath.

No comments:

Sports Section