Monday, October 15, 2012

US Airways: Dine Fresh!

For an upcoming trip to Rome in US Airways coach (oh boy) I received the following invitation to up my dining experience:
Dine Fresh e-mail.
Click on the image above to enlarge.

That's right, for just $19.99 I can make my selection from the following menu options:

Forgive my lack of enthusiasm but, as you can see from above.  I'm really only given two options, both are chilled, and neither sounds very appetizing to me in a cold state.  Cold chicken? Cold tortellini?

After security in PHL I have the following options all of which sound better (and cheaper) than that.

Chik-fil-a
Famous Pizza (OK, I'm not planning on eating airport Italian before I get to Rome)
Philly cheese-steaks

I've got plenty of time on my layover to purchase a meal and save myself the gastronomical adventure that is US Airways coach meal service.

I'm buying a cheese-steak sandwich, and some Chik-fil-a for breakfast.  I'm going to have a couple of hours to kill in PHL so I think I'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Policy:Any comment containing profanity or presonal attacks will be disallowed. Repeated violations will get you marked as SPAM. Real name is preferred, fake names will be carefully considered before being allowed. If your on-line moniker is so widely known as to be a clear identifier, that's OK too. If your comment doesn't appear, give it some time. I do have a day job.

Sports Section