As I posted yesterday I've been on the road of late for work so I'm skipping the Thursday night games for this week's listing. That's good because I thought UCLA wouldn't cover and OSU would. As in most cases, the thing about gambling is pure, blind luck.
On to tomorrow's games:
1. Iowa (-9) @ Purdue - Purdue is in the running, with Kansas, Vandy and possibly Colorado, for the uncoveted title of "worst program in the big 5 power conferences." Iowa isn't very good but they're heaps better than this mess of a Boilermaker program. IU 28 PU 7
2. Northwestern @ Penn St. (-9.5) - For all of the talk of a "Franklin miracle" the reality is Bill O'Brien left the cupboard full over in Happy Valley. NW 14 PSU 35
3. Tennessee @ Georgia (-17) - While I think the Bulldogs win this game I don't think that it will be by all that much. TU 24 UGA 34
4. Maryland (-3.5) @ Indiana - The Terrapins have a ton of offensive talent and an underrated defense. This is often obscured by their horrendous uniforms. UM 42 IU 35
5. Arkansas vs Texas A&M (-9) - [Game played at Jerry's World in Arlington, TX] - There's a lot of sharp money coming in on the Razorbacks because of their 1st half showing last week. It's a mistake to think that this Aggie team cannot run them into the ground. Ark 20 aTm 48
6. The University of Texas - Austin (-12) @ Kansas - I don't see any way the Jayhawks can keep it within two touchdowns. Charlie Weiss is a disaster of a HC. Missing Mangino yet Kansas? UK 3 UT 35
7. Stanford (-7.5) @ Washington - I'm not the biggest fan of UW coach Peterson, and I think he still has a long way to go to get the team he wants. Stan 27 UW 10
8. Cincinnati @ Ohio State (-17) - I've watched Cincy play a couple of times this year, and I've also seen Ohio State play. I think Cincy is underrated here. Cincy 24 OSU 34
9. Rice (-8) @ Southern Miss - The only thing going through my head here is 45-42 Old Dominion. I think Rice wins but, where at the beginning of the season I had them as a C-USA contender, I now think they are a team in free-fall. Rice 37 SMU 35
10. Missouri @ South Carolina (-5) - There are a few games that I could have placed in the 10th slot but I went with this one because I truly believe the Gamecocks are going to roll. MU 10 SC 37
Minnesota @ Michigan (-13) - Technically it's a trophy game and the Little Brown Jug makes hearts twitter in the Midwest. In reality it's a game between two coaches who desperately need a win and who's jobs might be in jeopardy regardless.
Either way I'm not expecting a compelling football game.
Gophers 17 Go Blue! 20