Monday, January 12, 2015

College Football: Thoughts on the (first) College Football Playoff Championship Game.

By the end of the evening we're going to know two things:

1. Who the Football Bowl Subdivision Football champion is for 2014-2015

2. Whether or not Chris Fowler is up to the task of calling a major championship game.


While I've had a mixed record this year I did at least predict two of the eventual CFP participants and one of the teams in the championship game which is in-line with my theory that blind luck gets you close to 50% so I'm happy with that.

That said I think the game (Oregon [-7] vs. Ohio State) has a chance to be very competitive and could go the way of the underdogs. I think Urban Meyer is one of the best coaches in college football today and I think, if anyone, he is the coach who can untangle Oregon's hyperspeed offense.

Despite my optimism regarding Ohio State it is dampened a bit by the fact that I still feel Alabama (and the entire SEC) was overrated this year. Hence the reason I didn't pick Bama to be in the playoff this year. Fortunately for Alabama, it turns out that South Carolina and everyone of the SEC teams was worse than I expected as well.

Taking all of that into consideration.....and without further ado.......


Oregon 37 Ohio State 34

Either way I think it's going to be an exciting game,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Policy:Any comment containing profanity or presonal attacks will be disallowed. Repeated violations will get you marked as SPAM. Real name is preferred, fake names will be carefully considered before being allowed. If your on-line moniker is so widely known as to be a clear identifier, that's OK too. If your comment doesn't appear, give it some time. I do have a day job.

Sports Section