Tuesday, August 11, 2015

NFL Season Preview: Changes to predictions based on new information (08/11/2015) - UPDATED

A LOT of injury and new information has me re-evaluating (as I said would happen, and making the following changes.....


AFC South: (Downward revision to Texans record)

After the injury to Arian Foster, and the appearance that he will be on the shelf for quite some time) I now have the Division rated as follows.....

1. Indianapolis  14 - 2 (No changes)
2. Houston  6 - 10 (2 games downward revision)
3. Tennessee 4 - 12 (1 game downward revision)
4. Jacksonville 3 - 13 (1 game downward revision)

While it's true the Texans have an easy schedule, I had to take away two wins (over Mimi and Buffalo) due to the fact that Foster will be on the shelf for those games and I just don't see them scoring against NFL caliber defenses all that much.


AFC East: (Mass shake-up)

I took another look at the Dolphin's roster, since my initial impression of it seemed to be way more negative than most every other pundit, and I made the following changes.

1. New England  13 - 3 (No changes)
2. Miami  9 - 7 (6 game upward revision - 1st team out of playoffs)
3. NY Jets 7 - 9 (2 game downward revision)
4. Buffalo 6 - 10 (1 game downward revision)

For now, I think Miami is a much better team than I originally gave them credit for. I'm still not a fan of head coach Philbin, and I think that 9-7 is this team's ceiling, but I do think they'll be better than what I first thought.


There are some other minor record tweaks but nothing that shakes up the standings that I originally posted. My playoff teams stay the same as do my results.

Hard Knocks is tonight, where I think we will begin to see just how big of a mess the Texans are on offense right now.


Update: Apparently Geno Smith is out for 6-10 weeks after being sucker punched in the locker room by a teammate.

I have already downgraded the Jets, I'm not sure if I'll downgrade them further at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Policy:Any comment containing profanity or presonal attacks will be disallowed. Repeated violations will get you marked as SPAM. Real name is preferred, fake names will be carefully considered before being allowed. If your on-line moniker is so widely known as to be a clear identifier, that's OK too. If your comment doesn't appear, give it some time. I do have a day job.

Sports Section