Wednesday, December 30, 2015

College Football: A look back at part II of the 40(!!!) Bowl Games.

As we approach the big weekend, we can start putting a bow on some of the Group of 5 conferences as we look toward the big games.  As a reminder, I'm rating myself on two factors here: Versus the spread and on the total, so that's two predictions for each game.  After Section One (including games I didn't have time to review) I'm at 12-12 for the Bowl Season.

St Petersburg Bowl (Saturday, December 26th, 10:00 AM CST)

UConn @ Marshall (-4.5) [O/U 44]
- Actual final: UConn 10 Marshall 16. I had Marshall, but I thought their offense would be better against a slow UConn defense. Split result. (13-13)


Hyundai Sun Bowl (Saturday, December 26th, 1:00 PM CST)

Miami @ Washington State (-2.5) [O/U 61.5]
- Actual Final: Miami 14 Wazzu 20. I don't know of anyone who thought this game would go under. (14-14)


Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl (Saturday, December 26th, 1:20 PM CST)

Washington (-8.5) @ Southern Mississippi [O/U 55]
- Actual Final Washington 44 Southern Miss 31. A total miss on my part. I thought USM's defense would keep them in it. (14-16)


New Era Pinstripe Bowl (Saturday, December 26th, 2:30 PM CST)

Indiana (-2.5) @ Duke [O/U 71] -
Actual Final: Indiana 41 Duke 44. I nailed the result, I had Duke winning by 3, but blew the total. Bad ML pick on my part. (15-17)


Camping World Independence Bowl. (Saturday, December 26th, 4:45 PM CST)Tulsa @ Virginia Tech (-14) [O/U 61.5] - Actual Final: Tulsa 52 Va Tech 55. Good for Frank Beamer. Although the Hokies made us sweat. This game went over before halftime. (17-17)


Foster Farms Bowl (Saturday, December 26th, 8:15 PM CST)

UCLA (-6.5) @ Nebraska [O/U 61]
- Actual Final: UCLA 29 Nebraska 37. #Bruining is now officially a thing. (18-18)


Military Bowl presented by Northrup Grumman (Monday, December 28th, 1:30 PM CST)

Pittsburgh @ Navy (-3.0) [O/U 53]
- Actual Final: Pitt 28 Navy 44. Congrats to Reynolds, who went out a winner in grand fashion.  (20-18)


Central Michigan @ Minnesota (-6) [O/U 48] - Actual Final: Central Michigan 14 Minnesota 21. Went a little further under than I thought, and the Gophers almost blew the cover but, in the end, it got there.  (22-18)



So, right now, I'm comfortably over .500 although I have had a bad start to section III.  Especially Baylor, which I missed on badly.  Still, there are a LOT of games to play over the next couple of days which means that there's plenty of time to make a strong final run.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Policy:Any comment containing profanity or presonal attacks will be disallowed. Repeated violations will get you marked as SPAM. Real name is preferred, fake names will be carefully considered before being allowed. If your on-line moniker is so widely known as to be a clear identifier, that's OK too. If your comment doesn't appear, give it some time. I do have a day job.

Sports Section