Wednesday, December 30, 2015

College Football: A look back at part II of the 40(!!!) Bowl Games.

As we approach the big weekend, we can start putting a bow on some of the Group of 5 conferences as we look toward the big games.  As a reminder, I'm rating myself on two factors here: Versus the spread and on the total, so that's two predictions for each game.  After Section One (including games I didn't have time to review) I'm at 12-12 for the Bowl Season.

St Petersburg Bowl (Saturday, December 26th, 10:00 AM CST)

UConn @ Marshall (-4.5) [O/U 44]
- Actual final: UConn 10 Marshall 16. I had Marshall, but I thought their offense would be better against a slow UConn defense. Split result. (13-13)


Hyundai Sun Bowl (Saturday, December 26th, 1:00 PM CST)

Miami @ Washington State (-2.5) [O/U 61.5]
- Actual Final: Miami 14 Wazzu 20. I don't know of anyone who thought this game would go under. (14-14)


Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl (Saturday, December 26th, 1:20 PM CST)

Washington (-8.5) @ Southern Mississippi [O/U 55]
- Actual Final Washington 44 Southern Miss 31. A total miss on my part. I thought USM's defense would keep them in it. (14-16)


New Era Pinstripe Bowl (Saturday, December 26th, 2:30 PM CST)

Indiana (-2.5) @ Duke [O/U 71] -
Actual Final: Indiana 41 Duke 44. I nailed the result, I had Duke winning by 3, but blew the total. Bad ML pick on my part. (15-17)


Camping World Independence Bowl. (Saturday, December 26th, 4:45 PM CST)Tulsa @ Virginia Tech (-14) [O/U 61.5] - Actual Final: Tulsa 52 Va Tech 55. Good for Frank Beamer. Although the Hokies made us sweat. This game went over before halftime. (17-17)


Foster Farms Bowl (Saturday, December 26th, 8:15 PM CST)

UCLA (-6.5) @ Nebraska [O/U 61]
- Actual Final: UCLA 29 Nebraska 37. #Bruining is now officially a thing. (18-18)


Military Bowl presented by Northrup Grumman (Monday, December 28th, 1:30 PM CST)

Pittsburgh @ Navy (-3.0) [O/U 53]
- Actual Final: Pitt 28 Navy 44. Congrats to Reynolds, who went out a winner in grand fashion.  (20-18)


Central Michigan @ Minnesota (-6) [O/U 48] - Actual Final: Central Michigan 14 Minnesota 21. Went a little further under than I thought, and the Gophers almost blew the cover but, in the end, it got there.  (22-18)



So, right now, I'm comfortably over .500 although I have had a bad start to section III.  Especially Baylor, which I missed on badly.  Still, there are a LOT of games to play over the next couple of days which means that there's plenty of time to make a strong final run.


No comments:

Sports Section