Thursday, September 8, 2016

National Football League. (What if?)

I tend to focus more on College Football than the NFL, but I think there are a few pretty good games to chew on in NFL week 1.  More importantly, there are quite a few questions that need to be answered.



What if? 


...Trevor Siemian is good at playing a tackle football quarterback?

Carolina (-3) @ Denver

Then Denver could be REALLY scary because they still have that defense. I still think Carolina is among the top of the class in the NFC, but I see some things brewing that could spell trouble.

Carolina 17 Denver 3


...Jacksonville is better than we thought?

Green Bay (-5.5) @ Jacksonville.

I like what the Jaguars have done with their lineup, and I love the young talent on this team. I could see a world where Bortles and Rodgers get into a shoot-out. I could also see a shellacking.

Green Bay 27 Jacksonville 20


...Houston really IS better than their 9-7 mean?

Chicago @ Houston (-6)

Let's be honest. So far Houston Texas' NFL franchise is more famous for it's cheerleaders (who leverage social media well)  than anything they've done on the field. But, if Osweiler can play and JJ Watt is healthy and Miller runs the ball well.........Nah.  But they still can beat Chicago, at home, methinks.

Chicago 10 Houston 23.


...Atlanta sucks again?

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta (-3)

Atlanta has been a carnival more than a football team the last couple of years. I think Tampa Bay is getting a little better, but I don't think they're ready to win yet. That said, I really want to see marked improvement from Jameis this year.

Tampa Bay 17 Atlanta 23


....My Oakland hunch is correct?

Oakland @ New Orleans (-1.5)

Then Drew Brees and Co. are in a ton of trouble, because I don't think they're going to be very good this year.  New Orleans is always overrated due to the reputations of Drew Brees and Sean Payton. The problem is, neither guy can play defense. Something the Saints haven't been able to do much of either.

Oakland 38 New Orleans 17


The season starts tonight.  I'm not expecting much in the way of entertainment.


No comments:

Sports Section