Tuesday, August 28, 2018

College Football: Kicking off a new FIVE starting tomorrow

Every college football season, for fun, I pick 5 games out of the weekly schedule and provide odds, picks and commentary on them for entertainment purposes. I've taken to calling this the FIVE.

The FIVE is a fun way for me to stay engaged in college football while living in a State (Texas) that is as bas-ackwards as it gets when it comes to sports betting. I do spend time handicapping these games, and historically I've had a hit rate just above 52%.  Typically I start off slow, and then start gathering steam the second half of the year.

The first FIVE of the new season drops tomorrow morning. Given my past history, if you're a sports wagering person, you might choose to fade most of the picks, or you might choose to play them. Either way, I might remind you that if you're taking wagering advice from an accountant in Houston you should get help. Immediately.

The scoring is simple:  1 win for every correct pick and 1 loss for every incorrect pick.

I'm adding a new wrinkle to the FIVE this year, I'm including cover/ML picks. IF I like an underdog enough to win then I'm picking them to cover in some cases, and cover and WIN in others. Should the underdog pull off the upset I'm going to award an extra 1/2 point to the win total for being correct there, if they just cover then it will count as a W. If they fail to cover it counts as a loss.

I'll also be making "play" picks at CappedIN for my FIVE (at $100 increments) so you can see real-time financial results. I'm going to start a fund there, which I'll link to later, called the FIVE which will allow you to see real time W/L results.

Important note: These are FREE Picks. I do not sell picks, I am not a tout. I do this because I enjoy it and it makes the season fun for me. I'm not a professional bettor nor do I sell myself as one. I'm a fan of college football and sports betting who places the occasional bet for entertainment purposes. I am not trying to be, nor do I want to be, a professional gambler. As you'll see going forward I'm definitely not an expert.

I'm happy to discuss college football in the comments section, but I won't engage people on how good/bad the picks are in the comments, and insults, as always, will not be published so save yourself the effort if you want to bust my chops.  You can feel free to call me stupid on Twitterz should you feel so led.  Honestly, I don't care and I won't respond but I believe in people having a healthy outlet for their anger.

In other words: View this for what it is.  Pure fun.

And good luck to you should you decide to make your own wagers on games. College football is the best sport in the world. If only we would stop taking it so seriously all the damn time.

No comments:

Sports Section