Wednesday, September 19, 2018

NFL: The Week 3 Three and Out.

Somewhat of a rough one last week. 1-2 bringing me to 3-3 for the season. Right at .500.  Given the VIG this means my ROI is negative right now.

But, in every life a little rain must fall. I feel like I'm starting to get a better feel for this NFL season, so let's see if I can pick the correct 3 games....


1. New Orleans @ Atlanta (-3)  [53]

Pick: OVER 53

If there is one thing we've noticed this year it's that New Orleans' defense is not all that good against the pass.  And Atlanta can pass the ball.  New Orleans offense behind Drew Brees is still pretty damn good, and can score points in bunches.  I really like the over here.  This could be one that hits the number early so we can enjoy the second half.


2. New York Giants @ Texans (-6) [41.5]

Pick: New York Giants to COVER +6

Let's be real honest here, these are two pathetic teams. Yet both franchise's fan bases have been convinced by local media that they are "supremely talented".  At certain spots, yes they are, but neither team has a working offensive line and both teams have huge holes at certain spots in their defense.  I think whoever wins this they do it in an ugly, unwatchable game that's decided by a late field goal.


3. Pittsburgh (-1) @ Tampa Bay [53.5]

Pick: Tampa Bay to win on the ML

There's no way I'm betting against FitzMagic. Especially when you consider that Pittsburgh is a hot mess right now and Tampa Bay is playing some of their best football.  There's also this:



Tampa Bay by a mile.

Game in which I have a rooting interest:

San Francisco @ Kansas City (-6.5) [56]

What to say here? I think the Niners are going to find themselves up against it against the hottest team to start the season, at Arrowhead.  We're starting to see just how much the McKinnon injury hurts as this offense is becoming more and more one handed as the season goes on. There will come a time this year when Andy Reid messes it all up but I don't think it will be this game.  The alcohol might be flowing early in this game, it's gonna hurt.

Good luck and enjoy the games.

Sports Section