Thursday, September 12, 2019

NFL Week 2: The Debut 3 & OUT

Last week I did not complete an NFL post because of lack of time (and interest, on my part). I had a couple of personal plays (San Fran, New Orleans) and I went 1-1.  This week I'm bringing back the NFL 3 & OUT for your comedy pleasure.

Let's get right to the games...

1. Los Angeles Chargers (-2.5) @ Detroit [-145 & +125 {O/U 47.5}

I'm not a believer in Matt Patricia as an NFL head coach. While I do think the Lions have some talent, I also think that the Chargers are the much better team here.  I will say that I've warned people I could be wrong on the Lions so take that into consideration.

Prediction: Chargers 27 Lions 13  LA Chargers to COVER -2.5


2. Seattle @ Pittsburgh (-4) [+175 -200] {O/U 46.5}

While I'm not ready to count the Steelers out after they got throttled in Foxboro, I do think this front of the schedule is brutal, and I think Seattle has a team that's going to cause a ruckus in the NFC this season.  The add of JD Clowney to the defense makes them formidable.

Prediction: Seattle 24  Pittsburgh 20  Seattle to WIN on the ML


3. Chicago (-2.5) @ Denver  [-150 & +130]  {O/U 40.5}

I did not need week 1 to tell me that Joe Flacco was not a good QB. I'm expecting Khalil Mack to feast against this O-Line. What did surprise me was just how bad Denver's defense played last week.  Also, Mitchell Trubisky is exactly the QB I thought he would be.

Prediction:  Chicago 24 Denver 7  Chicago to COVER -2.5





Going for it on 4th Down.

Jacksonville @ Houston (-9)

As I've stated online, one of my season tasks is to fad the Texans each week and track the results. Last week I picked New Orleans to cover and now I'm down one unit on this.  So this week we select Jacksonville to cover +9 and we'll see how it goes.


Enjoy the games however you play, or even if you don't play.

Sports Section