Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The last blog post: This is the end, the end, my friend

As I stated in my last blog post I've decided to shutter this little blog and move on to whatever the next phase in my life is.  But before heading out I wanted to make one last post lining up some of my New Year's Resolutions and taking a minute to say a proper goodbye, instead of just a one line blurb at the end of a post unrelated to anything else.

I've been blogging off and on for 17 years now. In that time I've seen platforms progress from Live Journal (Where I started off as Sedosi Alhambra) to the rise of Blogspot to the market domination of Word Press to where we are now. Kind of a twilight/gloaning of a phase where blogs are many, but content is little.

I've blogged, politics, food, sports, gambling, entertainment and a whole host of other nonsensical things, and I've really enjoyed my time on these machines plugging away, trying to make the world a better and richer place and, occasionally, writing something worth reading.

I've allowed comments, blocked all comments, then allowed them, then blocked them and so-on. The sweet spot at the end was blocking. In today's society there's no such thing as reasonable back and forth and except for a commentor or three, very few people who actually wanted to engage.

But I was, at least, lightly read by some and this was always a good place for me to hash things out in my mind, which was really what this entire thing was about any way.

You will not miss me, I will not miss you, and we will continue to move along on this pebble finding different things daily of which to be outraged.

That said, to win this all up and put a bow on it. Here are my resolutions for 2020:

1. Do not feed the trolls.
2. Social Media less: Real life more.
3. Make better sports gambling picks.
4. Block out the noise.
5. Be nice.
6. Be healthy.

With number 5 in mind I wish you and yours a very happy and prosperous New Year and New Decade/  Maybe if we all stopped being so danged angry all of the time we would find out that most of us are not as different as we might think.

Ciao

Sports Section