Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Noise Machine (01/23/10)

Got a belly full of breakfast pastries.....


Odd story on the heels of yesterday's news that the unemployment rate has risen is it not?


The best thing about this article on political endorsements? No sign of either Bob Stein or Dr. Richard Murray.


Translated: The American citizen is too dumb to make the proper choices.

Translation: WAaaaah!

In contrast: A more rational disagreement.

FWIW I have no problem with people who are in disagreement with this decision because they believe the majority erred on their interpretation of the Constitution. Where I take issue is with the 'democracy if falling' dimwits who haven't been paying attention to the damages done to our democratic freedoms because they've been pushed forward by their chosen party. And, yes. I'm referring to you as well Republicans (Patriot Act, warrentless wire-tapping etc.)


The odd, twisted logic of Rick Perry. (I see no problem with metal detectors at the State Capitol. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised they weren't there already; politics attracting odd-balls to it like moths to a flame.)


Give this to Metro Chairman David Wolff, He's consistent. He may not be transparent, competent, or humble (it's obvious listening to him that he holds Houston's public in poor regard) but he's consistent and that's something.


Medina is a media darling. At least, for ChronBlog, which makes sense when you think about it, them being in the tank for Bill White. (Medina being the only Republicans White leads in the polls.)


Your Republican candidates for Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector. - My early feeling is that this race is a prime candidate for another Democratic County-wide win. (Of course, I've been wrong before)


And finally....


You've seen my thoughts on Texas campaign fund-raising, Here's the Democratic perspective. If I can find a Republican perspective I'll link to that as well.

No comments:

Sports Section