Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Shield: FINALLY - A winning week at something. Recapping the Week Three 3 and Out

I've had gambling slumps, and then I've had the start of this season, a season where every line I look at feels wrong for some reason. In college football.  For the NFL I've actually been OK.  So I'm keeping my models the same for the Shield, and making some adjustments to the college game.

But the GOOD News is I went 2-1 this week in the 3 & out which raises my season record to 5-4. It's not world beating, but it gives me some hope that we're hitting the end of the dark tunnel and the light we see at the end isn't a train.

Let's recap quickly:

1. New Orleans @ Atlanta (-3)  [53]

Pick: OVER 53

This might have been my easiest pick of the week because for all of the offensive proficiency by both teams in this game neither has a top half defense by my calculations.

2. New York Giants @ Texans (-6) [41.5]

Pick: New York Giants to COVER +6

Nope: I STILL don't trust the Texans, possibly the 2nd worst coached team in the NFL behind the Raiders.  I ALMOST played the Giants on the ML but decided to be conservative.

3. Pittsburgh (-1) @ Tampa Bay [53.5]

Pick: Tampa Bay to win on the ML

My one miss of the week and it was close.  I really thought that Tampa Bay had a chance at home, especially given Pittsburgh's issues of late.  Ah well.


Will have a new 3 and out tomorrow and a new FIVE on Thursday.

Let's keep this turnaround going.

No comments:

Sports Section